Friday, December 9, 2011

Short drive though California

We didn't spend much time in California. We came in through Klamath Falls and stayed in the northeastern area. The only time I've spent in California was Palm Springs. I looooved Palm Springs! So pretty and sunny! We had an absolutely gorgeous house to stay in, a lemon tree, a pool. All of it was so much fun. I realized that southern California and northeast California are quite different. Northern Cali had quite a few good size dairy (I think...) farms and charming green pastures. 
I didn't take as may pictures going through California because:
  1. I was driving. My dad wouldn't allow texting while driving (yes, yes, yes - for good reason), so I figured he would frown on picture taking.
  2. It looked a lot like Oregon to me.
  3. I had no idea what the name of the town were were passing through was, so I couldn't go back and reference anything in the picture.
So, here they are:





Amazing, right?! :)
Truthfully, we were in and out of the state so fast, I'm really unable to recall much about it. What I do remember seeing are quite a few roadside motels. They all seemed to be in various states of open-for-business-yet-vacant and sleep-here-at-your-own-risk. I always thought roadside motels were oddly nifty. There is a vintage appeal to them that makes me want to look around and read their guestbook (do they have those?). All the travelers they must have seen and stories the walls could tell makes them very appealing to me. But then the movie Vacancy came out. It really ruined ever staying over night in one for me. Side note: Vacancy really is a great flick to check out. It's very suspenseful and keeps you guessing. It's not the typical and predicable slasher movie. Plus, you can never go wrong with Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale.
While In California, I had my first ever experience of fueling up my own vehicle. I didn't much care for it. I pay people to do it for me; that's how it should be.
From California we were Sparks, Nevada bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment